The Manual Machine Operator is a unique role for an experienced manual machinist who wants to work for a growing, progressive manufacturing company.
The machinist prepares, operates, and maintains the ID saw, milling machine, and grinding machine with efficiency and precision. You will work autonomously, have the opportunity to refine and improve processes, and collaborate with the Production Team to meet customer needs.
- Cut and prepare thermoset plastics for milling.
- Mill materials to specification recording results.
- Prepare substrates, bond bulk thermoset plastics, and slice using an ID saw.
- Grind thermoset plastics to thickness using a surface grinder.
- Work according to set health and safety standards.
- Makes process improvements to increase quality and efficiency.
- Collaborates with Production Team to meet customer needs.
- Safely use and maintain hand and power tools including: table saw, chop saw, drill press, band saw, vertical miller, pedestal grinder, belt sander, lathe, pneumatic glue gun, calipers, and micrometers.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Emotionally intelligent, able to resolve issues directly with others, and willing to receive feedback
- Positive contributor to overall company culture
- Able to manage workflow and to set priorities
- Driven and motivated; self-directed with high attention to detail and precision
- Understand the production system, establish efficient process flow, and work to deadlines
- Superior critical thinking and complex problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in organizational efficiency
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of experience in an ISO-9001-certified manufacturing company
- 5+ years of machining experience
- 5+ years Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Access
- 5+ years working with an ERP system
- Experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles
Submit your résumé